About Healthy PR
Formed in 2008 by former national health journalists with over 30 years experience, we work exclusively with clients in the health sector to create successful PR campaigns and one-off projects.
We consistently deliver high quality national and regional media coverage (eg over 40 “hits” for new anti-migraine device Cefaly) across entire media spectrum (consumer: broadsheets -Times – to tabloids - Sun/Mirror; trade/professional: eg Pharmacy Magazine, Training Matters) but also provide many other services including e-newsletters, meet the press, social media, copy writing, in-house strategy, training and selling in for other agencies.
We are a small but happy office, united by our desire to do the best possible job for our clients and make sure the name Healthy PR is synonymous with professionalism, efficiency and creativity.
Senior account executive (part-time), reporting to the Company Director/Head of Client Account and Head of Media Strategy/Client Consultancy, will be responsible for one or more of the client accounts and assisting with others. The person in this role will have responsibility for account management, regular client communication and interaction, social media, writing required copy (e.g. press releases, case studies, website) and liaising with other agency staff, including other accounts, where necessary.
Other responsibilities to include: helping us to win new, relevant business by further establishing Healthy PR as the go-to health PR specialists.
The successful candidate will have been in a PR or communications/media role for several years. They will be an experienced and capable writer and able to communicate and work well with clients. They may have worked for a small business before, or may have reached a point where the idea of a smaller organisation is appealing. They will have had experience working with private sector clients.
Skills & Experience
This role has numerous components which will overlap but the person in this role must:
- Have experience working with or in PR and/or media/communications.
- Be comfortable in a fast-moving, flexible environment
- Have excellent written and spoken English
- Prioritise work effectively, choosing between competing options quickly and pragmatically
- Communicate clearly and openly
- Work effectively with modern cloud-based tools, including social media and CRM
- Think and work strategically with strong problem-solving skills
The following are advantageous:
- Account management experience
- Social media savvy
- Personal qualities to include:
- Articulate and personable
- Confident and assertive
- Empathetic and mindful of people’s needs
- Completer/finisher personality
- Good attention to detail; well organised and able to manage time effectively
- Smart/casual dress code
- Relaxed office atmosphere (opposite St Giles Church in Northampton, adjacent to town centre inc several coffee shops!)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to work on the following: meet the media events, client pitching, client presentations, face to face client meetings as well as attend conferences/exhibitions.