Lloyd Recruitment Services is working with a leading B2B Publisher based in South London, recruiting for an Editor to work on an international magazine and website.
The role will require management of a small editorial team, with effective management of publications and conference management.
• Ensure the timely and accurate publication monthly magazines, three quarterly magazines, two weekly e-newsletters, a daily website and an annual database and directory.
• Manage and encourage a team of two in-house staff and freelance contributors.
• Work closely with the commercial team to enhance the profitability of the magazine and online products.
• Enhance the brand's social media presence and audio/visual output.
• Take responsibility for the speaker acquisition and content of an annual, global conference.
• Represent the company at several major international trade shows. The willingness and ability to travel globally, sometimes at short notice is essential.
• Representing and taking speaker and/or moderation roles at industry conferences.
• Escalation of issues to senior management as necessary and appropriate.
• Completion of any administrative tasks as required.
Key Results Areas:
• Production of high quality and insightful magazine within deadline for production, without errors or omissions .
• Effective management of the editorial team.
IT, Administrative and Organisational Skills:
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft packages, InDesign and Photoshop
• Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and to demonstrate an effective and resourceful approach to addressing issues.
Applicants must have a solid editorial background (ideally B2B) and have some management experience.
£40,000 + bonus