Sponge Marketing is a 360-degree marketing and PR agency, specialising in sport, lifestyle and destinations. We bring brands to life through creative promotions, PR and experiential events. Our clients span a number of industries including lifestyle, travel, entertainment, fashion and sports. The Sponge team consists of a number of hardworking but fun-loving professionals dedicated to the success of the business. The environment is busy, dynamic and fun.
We are looking for an experienced PR Account Director to join our team and lead on key accounts, reporting to the director of the agency. The role involves handling of key sports and lifestyle accounts and an interest in sports (triathlon, cycling, running, general fitness) is an advantage.
The successful candidate must have at least 4 years-experience working in PR (and be at at-least senior account manager level). He/she must also have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and be confident with communicating professionally with clients, journalists and senior staff members.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial self-starter who wants to play a key role in leading and growing an agency. This role will deputise for the (managing) director and will lead the team day-to-day. They will also play a key role in new business development. It’s a great opportunity for someone who wants to grow with the agency.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Manage a team of account managers/execs
• Provide strategic support and guidance, ensuring the team are maximising PR opportunities and creating media-worthy news and stories
• Oversee the creation of media materials including press releases and pitch documents
• Oversee the compilation of media lists across a variety of sectors
• Be creative and solution driven and find different ways to tell our clients’ stories
• Communicate with journalists, secure coverage and monitor news and trends relevant to clients/accounts
• Ensure that monthly status reports for clients are prepared and sent (always ensuring high quality standards)
• Be the PR lead at a variety of events, including press launches and consumer events (this may include some evenings and/or weekends) and manage the press attendance, ensuring follow up to generate coverage
• Come up with creative and tactical ideas including stunts and ideas for stories and features
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Be a self-starter who is self-motivated and able to work autonomously
• Knowledge of cycling and triathlon is a distinct advantage
• Team management and leadership experience essential
• Previous PR experience essential (at least 4 years) to senior account manager/account director level
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Highly organised and efficient
• Ability to present written information clearly and logically
• Accurate – must pay close attention to detail in all aspects of the role
• Able to use own initiative and be proactive in approaching tasks
• Able to prioritise work appropriately and juggle a busy workload
• Proficient IT skills
• Flexible with the ability to adapt to change and respond positively to new challenges
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘PR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR APPLICATION’