Entertainment Daily, one of the UK’s fastest-growing online TV and celebrity news brands, is hiring an ASSOCIATE EDITOR to join the team. We’re looking for an experienced online editor able to deliver fast-paced showbiz news and oversee writers in the Editor-in-Chief’s absence.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Pitching and writing quick-turnaround entertainment, TV & celebrity news stories
* Proofing & editing copy
* Managing freelancers
* Posting to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
* Contributing ideas for video & picture content
Qualifications and Skills
* Knowledge of media law
* Excellent proofing and editing – you will be publishing your own and others’ work
Essential Experience & Attributes
* Minimum three years’ experience working for a national/well-known online news outlet, covering breaking TV and entertainment stories.
* Flexibility – We run a rota system meaning you will be required to run the site at least one weekend per month (with time given in lieu) and work some national and Bank holidays.
* Proven encyclopaedic knowledge of the soaps, morning TV and entertainment juggernauts and the ability to spin reaction pieces to live shows
This role is open to remote working, although you would need to attend regular planning meetings at our head office in Bath on a regular basis (at least once per month and more frequently if necessary)
To apply: Please supply your CV, at least five examples of your own published online articles, and five c.200 word news stories you would cover for Entertainment Daily, complete with headline and sell. Please do not just send your CV or your application will not be considered.