Company: Travel & Tourism Marketing Ltd
Role: Communications Executive
This is the perfect role for someone looking to start their PR career.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Communications Executive to join our friendly and dynamic team, based in the London Borough of Bromley. You will play a key role in planning, creating, executing and reporting on public relations activity across our client portfolio. You will also be working with our team to manage social media content, support trade activity and participate in general office tasks. Organisation, proven written and verbal communication skills, creativity, tenacity, attention to detail, ability to work to deadlines, flexibility and an interest in travel are a few of the skills and qualities that will be vital for this role.
What you will be doing
• Representing our clients to the media in the UK and Ireland, developing and maintaining relationships.
• Creation and distribution of press releases, newsletters, content and reports.
• Researching and developing story ideas and pitching them on the phone, by email and in person.
• Responding to journalist queries on the telephone, email and in person.
• Planning individual and group press trips – including liaising with the journalists and client’s PR team. Escorting group press trips as required.
• Planning for, organising and attending key media events, trade shows, consumer shows and client events. Escorting clients at these events as required.
• Creating social media content, monitoring and responding to feedback.
• Creating press coverage reports and media activity reports.
• Updating and maintaining media contacts.
• Contributing to the development of our website.
• Copy writing and proof reading as required.
• Assisting with venue finding, invitation creation, guest list development, event set up and attendance at client events.
• Assisting with general office duties as required.
Your skills will include
• A team worker with a positive attitude, able to thrive in situations with multiple clients and deadlines.
• Interpersonal skills; able to communicate and present at all levels and across all channels in a confident, skilled and professional manner.
• A problem solver and creative thinker, who doesn’t give up at the first hurdle.
• A self-starter, who is organised with the ability to manage competing priorities in fast paced environment.
• A minimum of 6 months experience working in an office setting.
• Some knowledge of communications and public relations.
• Familiarity with social media and various media communications.
• The discipline of punctuality is fundamental to the smooth running of both the office and client events.
• Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
Nice to have but not essential
Degree level education
Experience in the travel industry
Familiarity with North America
Experience in PR / communications
Full clean driving license
9:30 – 5:30 Monday – Friday
Plus some evening and weekend requirements for certain industry events. Possible overseas travel.
Please send your CV with a brief cover letter, to Joanne Campbell on email@example.com by 10:00am Monday 3rd December.