Lloyd Recruitment Services is working with a leading B2B Publisher based in Surrey who is looking to recruit an Editorial Assistant to work on one its leading portfolios.
To write and generate editorial copy and support and assist in the efficient production, design and development of publications and associated products. The job will also include involvement in the companies own exhibitions, conferences and other events.
• To write, sub and proof editorial copy such as news and features, to ensure the quality of production, to avoid costly mistakes, to maintain house-style, factual accuracy and objectivity and to meet deadlines.
• To progress editorial material to schedule to ensure that journals are planned for best use of space.
• To support the Editor in liaison with service departments and sales managers and sub contractors (eg, printers) to ensure that deadlines are met.
• To attend press visits and represent the magazine at industry events as required by the Editor for a fact-finding purpose for writing articles, to see contacts and source new ones and to take relevant photos, to raise the profile of the journal and build up industry knowledge.
• To produce copy for websites, and update website with news, diary events and show information.
• To maintain our social media (Twitter and LinkedIn) profiles.
• To maintain awareness of all departmental activities and cover for colleagues in their absence.
• To respond to general external enquiries and problems.
• To suggest topics for publication and contribute ideas.
• To lay out pages (editorial copy and photography) using InDesign packages and to ensure that editorial pages are created to house-style and in a manner acceptable to the relevant industry efficiently, cost effectively and aesthetically.
• To process InDesign packages into print-ready PDFs. To process issues online
• Writing experience (B2B)
• Effective forward planning
• Subbing, proof-reading
• Design and layout (InDesign desirable)
• Knowledge of Photoshop and Pitstop (desirable)
• Microsoft Office
Experience in journalism, preferably business to business, and/or a formal qualification in business to business publishing/journalism or PR/accredited industry experience and magazine layout.
Recent journalism graduates with some hands on writing experience will be considered for the role.
The role requires overseas travel throughout the world 3-4 times a year
In return a basic of up to £24,000 and the opportunity to grow with a leading publisher