This is an absolute stellar opportunity to work in house with a world focused energy company within a global infrastructure. Working in fabulous sky high offices with one of the best views in London, you would join a tight knit, supportive communications team as Senior Communications Specialist and run the external relations strategy (including media relations and digital/social campaigns). A background in energy, regulated industries or members’ organisations would be useful, as would an understanding of international and culturally diverse organisations. You will be well rewarded including a generous holiday allowance, substantial pension contribution (10%), private medical and possibilities of international secondments.
• Assist with the effective delivery of the External Relations function working with the Communications Director
• Managing digital and social media campaigns and channels
• Overseeing and implementing media relations strategy and stakeholder engagement programme
• Assist with the effective delivery of Marketing and Production functions including the attendance of industry functions and events
• Copywriting/editorial across media and internal publications, speeches, presentations, marketing collateral
• Providing guidance to team members on content and other communications techniques
• Managing external suppliers including printers, designers
• Building corporate profile for and awareness of the organisation and its mission
• Assist with the effective delivery of the Event Management Support function
• Leading and attending events, including global co-ordination and debriefing post event
• Participating in crisis communications training and emergency drills and procedures
• Proven senior stakeholder management – gravitas and the ability to influence senior members of the team
• Track record of delivering successful multi-disciplinary communications campaigns
• Experience of managing the online and print publication of high quality technical documents, newsletters and magazines to time and within budget
• Excellent verbal, writing and editing skills and the ability to convey complex technical information simply and effectively to diverse audiences
• Excellent inter-personal skills with a proven ability to communicate with peers at all levels.
• A proven ability to work effectively with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
• An understanding of the energy and clean tech industry or members organisations would be useful although not essential
• Track record of working in an international framework with culturally diverse internal and external audiences would be beneficial
• Background in corporate communications.
• A focus on accuracy and attention to detail and a proactive and flexible approach.
• Able to self-manage, organise and prioritise tasks and work under pressure.
• Ability to speak another language other than English would be useful
To apply for this role please send your cv to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 397 7543 / 07929 008295 quoting ref CF0457