Flexi working and subsidised gym membership are just two of the great benefits that this not for profit membership organisation is offering to a new Senior Media Officer. Working in the energy sector, this organisation aims to promote sustainable and safe energy. You would preferably have a background in energy, regulated industries or members’ organisations and manage and be responsible for developing the press office and media relations functions. You will be well rewarded including a generous holiday allowance, excellent pension contributions, season ticket loan and work in their central London offices as part of a skilled and supportive team.
• Management of the press office, acting as spokesperson and first point of contact for media inquiries
• Producing all media material
• Developing the media engagement strategy to build relations with external stakeholders
• Acting as social media lead and developing presence across all platforms
• Drafting and contributing to the development of key messaging
• Supporting the Head of Press & Public Affairs on the development and management of the communications strategy.
• Speechwriting and preparation of reports and presentations to support C-suite
• Ability to run a press office function with a creative and driven approach
• Excellent media sell-in skills and ability to identify what makes a news ‘story’
• Good contacts across national and b2b media sectors (off and online)
• Strong written skills to produce high quality media and stakeholder material and able to produce content for all audiences
• Proven ability of developing strategic media engagement
• Good communicator and a team player
• Experience of media and political monitoring.
• Strong organisational skills and an ability to manage own time to deliver to deadlines.
• Social media management skills, including for paid/sponsored content.
• Experience of working in the utilities or other regulated sector or a trade body would be useful
To apply for this role send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting CF0460