Lloyd Recruitment Services is looking for an experienced Editor to join a leading Media and Events company based in the East Croydon area. The Editor will drive growth of the portfolio of events and publications, help to achieve their exciting but ambitious plans for the future! The Editor will be an integral part of the future strategy of the portfolio; through the web site activities; social media strategy and also being heavily involved in helping to bring together all aspects of the marketing collateral, entry brochures, winners brochure, conference content and networking groups.
Other duties and responsibilities within this Editorial position include:
• Ensure the timely and accurate publication of all entry brochures and winners brochures
• Upload daily stories and content on the portfolio web site
• Deliver Social media plans, which will include daily Twitter/Facebook/Instagram /Google + activity
• Ensure that weekly Twitter competitions are implemented; close liaison with finalists and winners
• Interviews with key industry players to run on the web site
• Identify agenda shaping issues to run on the site
• Develop conference and networking agenda in partnership with commercial manager
• Work closely with the commercial team to enhance the profitability of the awards, online products and develop new events
• Build a network of senior contacts to approach for stories, features and content
• Representing and taking speaker and/or moderation roles at industry conferences.
• To carry out any other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time.
• Work closely with the marketing executive to help to grow and improve the database on contacts in the industry
Skills and experience required for the Editor role:
• Proven experience working in a similar Editorial role
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Powerpoint with the ability to create presentations at an advanced level
• Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and to demonstrate
an effective and resourceful approach to addressing issues
• Evidence of success in building and managing relationships with high level stakeholders
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates