Lloyd Recruitment Services is working with a leading international B2B Publisher based in West Sussex. They are looking to recruit an experienced Editor to work on one of its leading publications and digital offerings.
The role will require regular travel throughout the UK and overseas attending industry events and client meetings. It’s an exciting, rewarding, fun business and our client is looking for a good all-rounder with a broad experience of managing a small team, commissioning, writing, sub-editing, proof-reading and working with the design team to produce engaging and readable media!
• Achieve editorial deadlines as per the production schedule
• Produce news section of the magazine and website, follow up news releases, focus news items on agency and client activities
• To produce tight features, commission words from freelance and/or staff writers
• Create flat plan with target ad/edit ratio of 60% advertising overall (excluding house ads)
• Achieve editorial freelance budget, including imagery
• Source photography and/or brief graphic designers to source images
• Organise job/travel diary and supervise the work of the deputy and journalist
• Conduct appraisals and appraisal reviews with editorial team
• Work in cooperation with graphic designers to achieve clean, attractive page layouts
• Oversee/execute proof reading to ensure highest possible degree of accuracy
• Devise ideas for features, surveys and off-diary news items
• Attend monthly staff meetings
• Attend monthly issue meetings with advertising team to discuss editorial plans
• Oversee daily maintenance of both news and events sections online with a daily target of three news stories, plus a weekly target of four editor’s blogs.
• Produce biweekly e-newsletter
• Oversee production of social media content
• Devising feature and news ideas
• Writing and rewriting feature stories
• Commissioning freelancers
• Supervising page layout and passing proofs to press
• To attend trade shows, seminars and other industry events
In order to qualify for the role candidates must have a solid journalism background and have worked in a similar role ideally from a B2B publishing background.
In return a basic salary of up to £40,000 depending on experience plus company benefits.
Due to the high volume of applications, Lloyd recruitment services can only contact shortlisted candidates.