Lloyd Recruitment Services are currently working with a leading B2B publisher based in East Grinstead. There is currently a requirement for a Reporter to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
This role will sit within the Editorial team. They are currently a team of 5 people.
Suitable applicants will ideally have an NCTJ qualification or equivalent and have previous journalism experience, ideally from a B2B environment.
Any knowledge or experience of the utilities sector would be great but this is not essential.
This role will require a strong grasp of relevant policy and regulatory issues and an understanding of business drivers.
• Writing news for the website
• Writing news analysis for the website and weekly print title
• Assisting with the weekly print run - e.g. proofing, fact checking etc
• Promoting content and the Utility Week brand on social media channels
• Attending key industry events including Utility Week's own conferences and exhibition
• Developing strong industry relationships with key senior individuals
• NCTJ qualification, combined with previous journalism experience
• Strong news instincts including the ability to consistently select a strong angle for stories
• A proactive attitude to finding exclusive news
• The ability to think independently and creatively about sourcing news
• The ability to share ideas and work effectively within a team to optimise overall results
• Multimedia experience is desirable
• Strong time management
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
Salary of up to £23K DOE
Due to the high volume of applications, Lloyd Recruitment Services can only contact shortlisted candidates.