Lloyd Recruitment Services are currently working with a leading South London based publisher who are currently in search of a Senior Reporter to join their team.
The candidate will ideally have a background in business journalism but have a strong interest in consumer trends, with the ability to write daily news and contribute insightful features and analysis. They will work closely with the Editor to develop feature ideas, secure key interviews and liaise with regular freelance contributors.
A working knowledge of InDesign for subediting, WordPress and social media platforms is required.
The candidate will be a dynamic self-starter, a team player and have a strong work ethic.
• Writing analytical and well-researched features
• Producing authoritative news and analysis for print and online
• Building a strong contact book
• Representing the magazine at industry events in the UK and internationally
• Sub-editing copy – a keen eye for detail and passion for grammar
Personal Specifications and Competencies:
• Strong influencing skills with the ability to influence and negotiate for time and resources at all levels
• Evidence of success in building and managing relationships with high level stakeholders
• Evidence of success in prioritising and dealing with high level sensitive information and enquiries and taking appropriate action on a regular basis
• Organisational awareness with the ability to operate with confidence and credibility across all functions of the Company
IT, Administrative and Organisational Skills:
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Powerpoint with the ability to create presentations at an advanced level
• Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and to demonstrate an effective and resourceful approach to addressing issues
Judgement and Analysis:
• Sound judgement with the ability to interpret, analyse and disseminate complex, sensitive information
• A strong understanding of business and organisational risk and the ability to analyse situations and apply judgement on decisions
• Awareness of the Company’s reputation, finance or legal position
• Resourceful and purposeful, with initiative, drive and a strong desire to deliver exceptional results
• A team player both internally and externally
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain management information clearly to a variety of audiences.
• Proven experience as a journalist, particularly in business reporting and commentary
• The ability to meet tight deadlines
• Good understanding of digital media and its impact on the printed medium
• The confidence to interview and build contacts among senior industry figures including CEOs
• A strong work ethic
• A valid UK passport /ability to travel internationally
Salary of £30K - £35K DOE
Due to the high volume of applications, Lloyd Recruitment Services can only contact shortlisted candidates.