Want to be involved in the drive towards decarbonising our economy? Passionate about the energy world and our transition towards zero carbon? Got a background in policy and regulation? This could be your chance to play a key part in the Regulations and Policy team of an energy organisation that is driving change across all aspects of energy networks and aims to transform the way these operate.
You will join a small team, working alongside member companies, predominantly on economic regulation and sector price controls. Ideally you will have a working knowledge and interest in the UK’s energy sector and understanding of energy policy and regulation. You will be working closely with senior figures in the electricity and gas network businesses, government departments, the energy regulator, and a cross section of wider industry stakeholders at this exciting point in the industry’s development.
In return you will receive a competitive salary and a full package of benefits including excellent holiday allowance, group pension, medical care, employee assist programme, childcare vouchers, interest-free season ticket or bike loan.
Reporting to the Head of Regulatory Policy, you will be responsible for:
• Provide support to the organisation’s working groups, taking forward their decisions and identifying opportunities to add value.
• Assist with analysis of new policy and regulation and developing consensus positions across members.
• Communicate the organisation’s positions to stakeholders, drafting consultation responses and wider communications. Engage with stakeholders including influencing opinions and decision making.
• Draft papers, reports and industry responses.
• Contribute to the overall work of the Policy Team
• Experience of working in a policy and/or regulatory environment, ideally within energy (or possibly with a legal/proservices background), with an appreciation of the relationship between policy, regulation and the commercial aspects of business operations.
• Have a general understanding of our energy system and the role of gas and electricity networks.
• Ability to develop an understanding of the regulatory framework for energy networks and apply in a business environment.
• Strong organisational skills and able to take responsibility for delivering expected outcomes
• Effective communicator, both orally and in writing, including ability to draft papers, reports and industry responses.
• An ability to build and maintain good working relationships
• A broad understanding of the energy or utilities sector and policy context.
• Confident working independently as well as a team player,
• Ability to act under own initiative and take effective decisions exercising sound judgment.
To apply for this role send your cv to email@example.com quoting CF0549 or call 0203 397 7543 for more information